Dehumidifiers in Pinellas County
High-Efficiency Dehumidifiers You Can Depend On
The humid Florida air can wreak havoc on your home's indoor climate. If you're looking for a way to keep your house cool and comfortable, a dehumidifier may be the solution. At Viking Air, our Pinellas County dehumidifier experts can help you find the best unit for your home or business.
Call (727) 205-0770 today to schedule your free estimate!
What Size Dehumidifier Do I Need?
Determining the size of the dehumidifier you need for your space is essential for ensuring optimal performance. The first step is to measure the area you would like to cool with the dehumidifier.
Once you have the square footage, you can use the following chart to determine the correct dehumidifier size:
- Dehumidifier Size: 10-12 Pints/Day, Square Footage: 300-400 Sq. Ft.
- Dehumidifier Size: 12-15 Pints/Day, Square Footage: 400-500 Sq. Ft.
- Dehumidifier Size: 15-18 Pints/Day, Square Footage: 500-600 Sq. Ft.
- Dehumidifier Size: 18-24 Pints/Day, Square Footage: 600-800 Sq. Ft.
- Dehumidifier Size: 24-30 Pints/Day, Square Footage: 800-1000 Sq. Ft.
What Is a Dehumidifier?
A dehumidifier is a device that removes moisture from the air. It works by removing the water from the air in a refrigerated condenser, which is then collected in a bucket or drained outside.
There are several different types of dehumidifiers, including the following:
- Refrigerant Dehumidifier - This type of dehumidifier uses a compressor to remove moisture from the air. It collects the water in a bucket or drains it outside.
- Desiccant Dehumidifier - This type of dehumidifier uses a desiccant material to absorb moisture from the air. It then dries the air before releasing it back into your home.
- Electronic Dehumidifier - This type of dehumidifier uses an electric fan to pull air through a filter, which removes moisture from the air. It then releases the air back into your home.
- Belt Driven Dehumidifier - This type of dehumidifier uses a belt to turn a fan, which removes moisture from the air. It then releases the air back into your home.
If you're considering a dehumidifier for your home or business, it's important to consider the size and capacity of the unit to ensure it's the right fit for your space. For example, if you need to remove a lot of moisture from your space, you'll need a larger dehumidifier than if you only need to remove a small amount of moisture.
Why Should I Have My Dehumidifier Serviced?
Like any other appliance, a dehumidifier requires regular maintenance and service to ensure optimal performance and prevent damage. If you have a problem with your dehumidifier, it's important to have it serviced by a professional as soon as possible. A professional can identify the issue and either repair or replace the part that is causing the problem.
"They worked above and beyond. I appreciate the efforts. Text reminders before and after service are a great touch."- Iam Aspe Aker
"Very responsive and extremely professional. They let me know everything that needed to be done and didn't blindside me as so many other companies have done. I would truly recommend this company to other's. Thank you for getting my unit running again!"- Raymond Mireles
"Service tech called and then arrived slightly before appointed time, and was very efficient on the repair. Followed all gated community rules, very happy with results and costs."- William Wiciak
"We can't say enough about Viking from the office personnel to the technicians. They understood our situation and went above and beyond for us. Thank you!"- Rhonda Olson & John Williams
Get the heating and cooling service you need now and pay later.
Get started by giving us a call and setting up a free estimate.
We back all of our services with a warranty for your peace of mind.
You can be confident you'll be happy when our team drives away.
We believe in being transparent so you will never be surprised by hidden fees.